Friday, October 24, 2008

Rotary Cutter + Finger Tip = OUCH!

So...I was sewing like crazy last Saturday, trying to get things done for a holiday show coming up in a week. I was cutting through some very thick webbing with my rotary cutter, and like a dummy, I was using my small ruler. Of course a small ruler makes you place your fingers closer to the cutter. I'm cutting away, and I grazed my finger. Nothing big, just enough to shave the outler layer - made a little shiny spot. I think - whew, I could have really cut myself.

So...I change rulers, right? No, of course not. I thank my lucky stars and keep on going. Then it happens...ouch!!! Cut halfway through my fingertip with the rotary cutter. Actually left blood on the cutter! So, I grab my finger (don't want to look) and I run downstairs. My husband is watching football or some other sporting event and I calmly ask him to help me. I can't look at it. We wash it off and I have to keep pressure on it and keep my arm up. I tell you what, I have a very high tolerance for pain, and it still hurt like heck!!! So, lucky for me it was a new blade, and the cut is very clean. We hope for the best, otherwise it's off to emergency on a weekend night..not a good experience. Here is a little pic of my beautiful finger the next day. Just looks like someone drew a line on my finger with red marker. It's now a week later and it's looking better. The wierdest thing is that my finger tip above the cut is still numb...cut all the nerve endings. Only time will tell if I get teh feeling back right there.

1 comment:

madmadluver.. said...

Hey hi,
I got a cut on my ring finger the same spot.its not paining but its all numb and swollen. How many days will it take to recover fully? cuz i hate the smell of hospitals