Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Arlene's Apron...Cookies Anyone?

I have met the most wonderful people since opening my store at Vintage Susie. Two of those people are Arlene and Terri. Arlene (at RetroBoutiques) loves all things retro. She was especially lusting after a retro apron to wear when she hosted dinner at her house. Terri (at Artform Nails) wanted to thank Arlene for all the work she'd done on her site, so she did a sneak attack and ordered an apron for Arlene. Not just any apron...a vintage styled one. Getting to know the girls a bit, I began to hunt through the mounds of fabric I have to find just the right one. Here it is!! I used a retro 40's style blue and red with a vintage dishtowel for the pockets. Finished off with red ric rac, I just loved it...happily both Arlene and Terri loved it too! Thanks girls!

3 comments:

Artform Nail Creations said...

Hey Susie (my partner in sneak) LOL - that was the best fun ever! You were just so willing and excited as I was to surprise Arlene with this apron. It couldn't have gone to a nicer person or one that wanted one of your aprons more!

Being on the other side of the world, I have unfortunately only ever seen the pics also but maybe one day I will visit Arlene and catch her wearing it! You made this apron in record time (if I remember rightly Arlene wanted it for an Easter Feast)and you managed to get it to her on time and make the whole gift of giving such a wonderful one.

I hope you and your family are well and happy - I think of you often and will never ever forget the fun we had with this apron!

Terri xxx

Retroboutiques said...

Susie,
I just now found this post! I love love my apron, and I love you and Terri for surprising me! You two are the best, she for the wonderful surprise, and you for dropping everything to create my masterpiece in record time! I wore it for easter and it was a huge hit...if you don't know Susies workmanship, believe me, her work is absolutely beautiful! Thank you both again! :)

Ali said...

Sue's workmanship is indeed beautiful with everything sewn to perfection and even the cutest coordinating fabric tags. very professional and such a treat. I own one of her gorgeous aprons too. ox Ali