Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cleaning...ugh

So, my studio is just an insane mess...I get into a creating frenzy and the scraps just start flying!! So, I finally got to it and got the place picked up. There were two reasons to get things picked up...ok, maybe three! The first was to get to a place where I could actually sew again. You know, I could actually see my sewing machine from under the piles of cotton. The second is so that I could start to envision my new set up. I'm going to build in a whole new work area at the end with sewing stations for both the machine and serger. Don't know when this will happen, but I'm dreaming about it right now.

The third and real reason for the clean up is to showcase my new chandelier. Ok...my vintage Schonbek chandelier I found at a garage sale. I bought it, did a lot of cleaning...hours...and now it's ready to hang. I have some replacement crystals coming, but for the most part it was pretty complete.

Watch the blog in the coming days for pictures of the process as well as the hanging masterpiece. I'm going to be making custom shades for it as well...watch for those to be offered on the site in the next month or so. I'm going to try to get some work in tonight...you know, after the day job ends and in between the schoolwork! I will be glad when this degree is done!

No comments: